Information about me.
I hope this page will give you some insight on me and give you the confidence to invest in my help.
First, however, I would like to say thanks for taking the time to visit my site, I realise that every visitor comes for their own reasons. Some come to find a person who can help them immediately with emotional pain and distress; others come looking for help, for friends and loved ones. Whatever your reasons, I hope you find something of help within my pages. My site contains informative articles written by myself for people who are searching for help.
I work in a supportive, empathic and nonjudgmental manner. I aim to create a safe environment for you to explore your problems. I am bound by the ethical codes of practice given by the BACP. I am a UK registered therapist. I see both couples and individuals and have practices in both Sudbury and Colchester, this can mean a lot of travel at times but I do aim to see people in both locations. I try to offer short notice appointment whenever possible.
We live in a world that changes fast, technology and researchers are constantly updating understanding of biology, psychology, and environmental factors. This means that ideas about what helps people and how problems are seen are constantly updated. In order for me to be the best that I can be for you, I constantly keep abreast of intervention methods and changes in evidence.
My academic and therapy achievements
- Qualified as a Humanistic Integrative Counsellor – BACP Gold Book standard accredited training.
- Academic life at university covered – Key concepts in mental health, Understanding Anxiety and Depression, Psychology and Neurology.
- Studied evidence-based practice
- Trained in Emotion Focused Therapy at Strathclyde University under Professor Robert Elliot – Adv. certificate.
- Trained in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples – London and Brighton training centres.